3.28.2009

when life gives you limoncello...

When I first arrived at the corporate apartment, the first thing I did was hide the piles of kitch that I suppose the office manager here thought would make an out-of-towner feel at home in Austin. Cheap baskets (one shaped like the state of Texas), paperback mystery novels, a "New York City" espresso mug set, and my favorite: a tall, skinny limoncello decanter with 6 matching shot glasses. These have been pushed as far back as possible on top of the refrigerator so I don't have to see them. What do they think, I'm going to invite my colleagues over for some limoncello shooters? It's puzzling. Today I went back to the farmers market and found some beautiful fresh red leaf lettuce, tomatoes, arugula and basil. I started to feel hopeless because I couldn't find a small enough vessel to keep my little basil bunch fresh. But then I remembered...

...I had just the thing.

No comments: