5.17.2011

frida

I often cringe when I hear the term "style icon", but if I had to pick one, Frida Kahlo would be at the top of my list. One can't help but admire her for her independent spirit, grit, talent and, of course, unique sense of style. This is not to say that I dress like her on a daily basis, though don't you think the world would be a better place if we all wore this much color and pattern?




 Images from "Nunca Te Olvidaré" by Nikolas Muray
 
Still, I have enough eclectic pieces of clothing and jewelry to pull together a Frida costume for Halloween in minutes, and have dressed like her several times over the years.

That's why I was so thrilled to see this tutorial on "Frida Kahlo style" hair on one of my favorite blogs, Compai. Frida herself had miles of thick hair, much, much more than I have, but I tried this using a long scarf last night, and it worked. It's so simple and pretty, I'm not even going to wait until Halloween to wear my hair like this.

2 comments:

Justina Blakeney said...

Super lovely post and what a sweet, intimate, refreshing blog you have here!

Unknown said...

You are missing an important photo here, I was hoping you would have included it!